Col R Jason Bailey assumed command of the North Carolina Wing of Civil Air Patrol on June 25th, 2016. He serves approximately 1600 members and is responsible for compliance and mission readiness to perform the three primary missions of Emergency Service, Cadet Programs and Aerospace Education throughout the state.
Col Bailey has held command positions at the squadron and group level and staff assignments up to the National level. He is a rated Ground Team Leader, Mission Observer, and Incident Commander. He has served as the Director of the Middle East Region Staff College and Middle East Region Cadet Leadership School. He holds master ratings in Administration, Communications, Logistics, Cadet Programs, Emergency Services, Professional Development, as well as senior ratings in Safety, Command, and Personnel.
Col Bailey was born and raised in Mebane, North Carolina. He is employed by Avista Technologies, Inc., as applications and sales manager for the Southeastern United States. He has been married to Christy H Bailey for 25 years; they have two children and reside in Mebane, NC.
EDUCATION HIGHLIGHTS (CAP)
2012 Basic Inland SAR Management Course (AFRCC), NCWG HQ, Burlington, NC.
2013 Region Staff College, North East Region, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ
2014 National Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. 2010-2011, Squadron Leadership Officer, Transportation Officer, and Emergency Services Training Officer, Burlington Composite Squadron
2. 2011-2015, Assistant Director Logistics and Logistics Transportation Officer, North Carolina Wing
3. 2011-2012, Commander, Burlington Composite Squadron, Group II, North Carolina Wing
4. 2012-2013, Commander, Group II, North Carolina Wing
5. 2013-2015, Chief of Staff, North Carolina Wing
6 March 2015-June 2016 , National Logistics Manager
7. August 2015-June 2016, Vice Commander, North Carolina Wing
8. June 2016-present, Commander, North Carolina Wing
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Exceptional Service Award with one clasp
Meritorious Service Award
Commander’s Commendation with three clasps
CAP Achievement Award with two clasps
Certificate of Recognition for Lifesaving with star
Unit Citation with one clasp
Red Service Ribbon (5 year)
Rescue Find with three clasps
Disaster Relief with V-device
2011 North Carolina Wing Cadet Programs Officer of the Year
2012 North Carolina Wing Property Manager of the Year
2012 Middle East Region Property Manager of the Year
2013 National Property Manager of the Year